In 2018, the Georgia General Assembly passed SB402, creating the Achieving Connectivity Everywhere (ACE) Act. The resolution calls for the promotion and deployment of broadband services throughout the state to unserved areas with a minimum of 25 Mbps upload and 3 Mbps download speeds.
DCA and the Georgia Technology Authority have formed a five agency team to coordinate and collaborate with stakeholder representatives from providers, and local government in thirteen projects that comprise the current implementation of ACE. The five agencies that comprise the ACE team for this report are:
1. Department of Community Affairs (DCA)
2. Georgia Technology Authority (GTA)
3. Department of Economic Development (DEcD)
4. State Properties Commission (SPC)
5. Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT)